Access to Justice at Toronto’s Canadian National Exhibition
October 19, 2015 | By TAG_Admin |
This summer coordinated an access to justice booth at Toronto’s Canadian National Exhibition in partnership with Community Legal Education Ontario, Legal Aid Ontario, the Law Commission of Ontario and the Law Society of Upper Canada.
If you were facing a legal issues, where would you go for help?
Most people would turn to a lawyer, paralegal, family or friends for help
What are some reasons people might not take action?
Intimidation, cost and uncertainty about where to begin
How can we make it easier for people to deal with their legal problems?
- Simplify the vocabulary
- Free advice
- More community venues
- People need to know where to go
- Law should be written in plain English
- Free access to ask legal questions online
- Easy access – user friendly, in your community centre, based where people are
- Services so people know where to go and how to do it, someone who can really help them